Reflections

                                       REFLECTIONS





It's midnight, but I'm still wide awake.
Only distant memories in my head.
Lying on the bed, looking at the ceiling,
I'm getting a strange feeling.
Closing my eyes, I wish for peace at last.
But my mind takes me on a sojourn through past.


These thoughts just don't go away.
Memories from forgotten yesterdays.
Cricket with father and the ever- angry neighbour.
Life was so full of colour.
Endless fights with my brother
And my teacher's dry sense of humour.
Mother's soft touch,
The high school crush.
Playing under blue skies.
No burden of lies.


Lying on the bed, looking at the ceiling,
Now I know the strange feeling.
I cherish all the sweet memories,
And happily head- off to the kingdom of dreams.






Comments

  1. you do write some good sh*t man! but to be true? i think the rhyming scheme faded the effect a little... the second para, mind-blowing! so this is what you do staring at chalk scribbled black boards of your classroom? :P respect !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you man! I've began writing only recently and I am trying to bring out the best in me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts